In order to strengthen the safe use management of crane slings, strengthen employees’ safety awareness of using slings, and standardize the correct use methods, a safety management system for slings is specially formulated.
The use of crane slings must comply with the safety management system
1. Management of slings
1. The production planning department and other sling use departments designate special personnel to be responsible for the management of slings. The slings used must be recorded in the team’s “sling management account”, and the rated load, specification length, and length of the slings must be registered. Use date, scrap date, etc., and number the sling.
2. The monitor is responsible for the safe use of all slings in the class.
3. The part-time safety officer of the team assists the team leader to regularly check the daily storage and use of the sling. Operators conduct safety inspections on slings before going to work every day, and fill in the “Daily Safety Inspection Form for Slings”. The inspector writes the hidden dangers and problems found in the remarks column and reports to the team leader. The team leader checks the daily inspection of the slings of the operators at least once a week and signs the checklist; the person in charge of the department inspects the operators at least once a month Daily inspection of slings and sign on the inspection form.
4. Operators should report to the team leader in time according to the degree of damage to the slings that have broken, loose, broken strands in the team, and the team leader will deal with the situation accordingly.
5. It is forbidden for teams to make or use uncontrolled slings and slings without serial numbers.
6. The slings applied for scrapping shall be replaced in time, and other slings shall not be substituted.
7. The Production Planning Department conducts regular and irregular inspections of the slings, and orders the team to rectify if problems are found.
2. the fixed placement of slings
1. Teams with slings are equipped with sling storage cabinets, and those that can be put in the cabinet must be put in the cabinet; the slings must be stored in a suitable location that cannot be put in the cabinet.
2. The sling storage cabinet in the workplace must be clearly marked, fixed in position, and easy to access. The slings are placed in an orderly manner according to the type of slings, wire ropes and other slings and load identification.
3. The placement of slings must be fixed and dedicated, and it is forbidden to be occupied or used for other purposes.
4. It is forbidden to place unused slings and other slings on the work site.
5. It is forbidden to store slings in the open air. When using slings in winter, they should be protected from water and moisture to prevent the slings from freezing and being broken.
6. Make obvious marks for the slings and slings that apply for scrapping, and put them in a fixed storage point for unified and centralized processing. No scrapped slings should appear in the workplace.
3. the use of slings
1. Overload use is strictly prohibited.
2. The sling should not be twisted or knotted during use. If it does, shake it straight, and do not twist it when carrying it.
3. When using a sling, it is not allowed to cargo with sharp corners and edges without a protective cover.
4. After the sling is dirty or used in an environment with acid or alkali tendency, it should be cleaned with cold water immediately.
5. Do not tie the two slings together for use.
6. The lifting ring used to lift the water injection head should not be used if cracks, loose threads or bending deformation occur. Before lifting, check whether the thread of the hoisting ring is full and whether the split pin is inserted well. Generally, the hoisting ring is not allowed to be subjected to lateral or oblique force. The threaded lifting ring should be greased on the thread to prevent rust.
7. Do not allow the sling to hang the cargo for too long.
8. It is forbidden to throw slings.
9. Hammering must not be used to correct twisted slings.
10. Do not pull from under the heavy object or let the heavy object roll on the sling.
11. The wire rope sling is forbidden to come into contact with live metal or be injured by electric welding, electric arc, etc. Insulation measures should be taken when it is unavoidable.
12. After the sling is used, it must be stored in the original place in time, and it is forbidden to stay on the hook.
4. the scrapping of slings
1. The scrapping of slings and other slings used on site is mainly conducted by the self-inspection of each team. The safety authorities have the right to order the suspension of use or scrapping of slings found to have safety problems during the on-site inspection.
2. When it is scrapped, the team leader needs to submit an application, fill in the application form for scrapping of the sling and submit it to the safety department for approval, and discard it after confirmation on the spot.
3. The scrapping of special hooks, wire ropes, rings, etc. used on site shall be scrapped in accordance with the “Safety Regulations for Spreaders and Rigging”.
The on-site sling shall be scrapped when the following situations occur:
(1) The sling is worn, perforated, cut, or torn.
(2) The load-bearing seams are frayed and the sutures are frayed.
(3) The sling is fibrous, aging, elastic, and strength weakened.
(4) The fiber surface is rough and easy to peel off.
(5) There is a knot in the sling.
(6) There are too many points of looseness, corrosion, acid and alkali burns, and thermal melting or scorching on the surface of the sling.
(7) The cordon with the red cordon strap is exposed.
4. All teams should place the scrapped slings in the specified area uniformly, and the scrapped slings should be cut off.
5. the collection of the sling
After the applicant (squad leader) submits an application for scrapping the strap, the safety management department will sign and seal it to take effect. The applicant will go to the warehouse to pick up a new sling with the requisition form in this form, and the retention form of the lower requisition shall be filed by the safety management department. The warehouse staff shall go through the collection procedures according to the signed and sealed application form. The squad leader registers the specifications and serial numbers of the new slings in the sling management ledger.
6.inspection and assessment
The safety authority regularly organizes relevant departments to conduct special inspections on the safe use of slings, find hidden safety hazards, and take immediate measures. Anyone who is found to have violated the above regulations shall be punished in accordance with relevant measures.